Loyola plans to erect a new lab for science students on North Broadway Street. It will be between Bar 63 and the Life Storage Building. It will cost around $4.7 million.
Last year, the Student Innovation Fund was created to engage students with Loyola’s strategic plan. Since, about $12,000 was allocated to fund student-led projects including community outreach and wellness.
Laura Stockdale, a Loyola alumna, lead a study which suggests that there is a correlation between playing violent video games and a lack of empathy.
While many students were home for winter break, the Loyola men’s basketball team (14-4, 4-2) played seven games and saw mixed results, going 4-2 overall and starting Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) action.
- Takeaways: Men’s Basketball Moves Into Tie for First in MVC with 79-65 Win Over Southern Illinois
- The PHOENIX's Top Five Movies of 2017
- Loyola's 2018 Theater Season Will Be Dynamic, Dystopian and Dramatic
- The PHOENIX's Top Five Albums of 2017
- ANALYSIS: Trump Stumbles From Rare Bargaining Position With Vulgar Comments About Foreign Nations
- Trump’s New Immigration Rules Will Negatively Affect the U.S.
The Loyola community will soon welcome a restaurant owned by Loyola alumnus Michael Olszewski, who owned recently-closed restaurant Grace. Olszewski plans to open Onward, a casual, fine-dining restaurant, beneath the Hampton Inn Chicago North-Loyola Station …
The Loyola men’s basketball team (15-4, 5-2) moved into a three-way tie for first place in the MVC with a 79-65 win over Southern Illinois Jan. 17.
Hollywood changed in 2017. From the ousting of alleged powerful sexual abusers in the industry such as Harvey Weinstein to female-led films dominating the box office, this past year will likely be remembered as a …
On Jan. 11, a bipartisan group of senators announced a tentative agreement on the fates of the more than 800,000 undocumented immigrants granted protection under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. It provided …